Friday, March 12, 2010

Double SQUEEEEEEEEE!

Getting your first contract is a big deal!

So, I was ecstatic for my friend "F" when she contacted me last Friday to say she had sold a picture book!

I jumped and screamed and did all those cliche things that one does when feeling super excited. I composed congratulatory posts in my head and planned surprise celebratory gifts.

But then F contacted me again on Tuesday.

Are you sitting down for this?

She sold ANOTHER picture book!!!

TWO sales in one week.

Is that INSANE????????????

I can't reveal names, titles, or houses yet, but she got two deals in four days!

Holy cow.

I am speechless.

She is a Sudipta in the making.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Congratulations to "F"! (I can't wait to find out who it is.)

A couple questions that will not reveal her identity:
Is she agented?
And if not, did she make the sales through slush? Conferences?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Sherrie Petersen said...

How cool! It's always nice to hear good news about friends.

Corey Schwartz said...

Agented by the fabulous T. (Ha!) I promise to reveal all as soon as contracts are signed!

Caroline Starr Rose said...

What an exciting week! Congrats, F!

Susan R. Mills said...

Wow! Congrats to F. That's amazing.

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness! Yipee!! I bet she hasn't come back to earth yet. Keep up posted.

Casey Something said...

Exciting!!!!! Congratulations to her! Can't wait for details.

Hardygirl said...

Insane is right!!! Yay! I'm always up for some good news in this biz.

sf

lisa and laura said...

Ah! That is amazing! Can't wait to find out all the deets! Congratulations to the mystery writer! What an accomplishment!

Tana said...

WOW I'm excited and I don't even know her! It's good to see wonderful things are happening to someone, somewhere. =) Have a great weekend Corey!!

Rena Jones said...

That's awesome! Can't wait to hear more about this!

Tricia Fressola Idrobo said...

Talk about suspense. I'm waiting to hear.

Little Ms J said...

Holy moly! That is amazing! Can't wait to hear the details!

Anonymous said...

Two sales in one week? AWESOME! Congrats to your mystery friend.

Kim said...

WOW! That is unbelievable! So exciting! Are these her first two books?!?

Congratulations, "F"!!!

Rebecca Gomez said...

That is awesome news for your friend, Corey! Pass some of that my way. :-)

Kelly H-Y said...

Wow, wow, wow!!!!!