Sunday, November 6, 2011

PiBoIdMo- The Pressure is On!


Okay, so.. during PiBoIdMo 2009, I came up with the title GOLDI ROCKS AND THE THREE BEARS.  I wrote it with Beth Coulton and it sold to Putnam.

During PiBoIdMo 2010, I came up with another title for a fractured fairy tale. I wrote it and though I don't have a contract yet, I am convinced that ultimately... it will sell.

Now, it's PiBoIdMo 2011 and the pressure is on!  I am off to a very late start due to six days with no power!    Our electricity was restored late on Nov 3rd, but I am only just now getting into the PiBoIdMo mindset. 

It's Nov 6th and I am staring at a blank list!

But I am not going to panic.  It takes time to get into an idea-generating groove. If I incubate every day, ideas will hatch and multiply!

11 comments:

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

"ideas will hatch and multiply" actually sounds like a story idea! :)

Cathy Ballou Mealey said...

It is a great track record - you will soon have the ground flying beneath your feet!

Joanne R. Fritz said...

You can do it, Corey! Go go go!

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

So true! Once the ideas start coming they multiply. I have every confidence you'll get a new book deal out of this month. Just wish I could say the same for myself! :)

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

So true! Once the ideas start coming they multiply. I have every confidence you'll get a new book deal out of this month. Just wish I could say the same for myself! :)

Rebecca Gomez said...

Don't be too picky about what you put on your list. Any idea counts, even if you have no idea how to write it!

Lori Degman said...

If the fractured fairy tale from last year is the one I read, I agree - it's just a matter of time until it's snatched up - it's adorable!!

Anonymous said...

You can do it!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Go, Corey! You are a PB rock star--you CAN do it!! :-)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

You can do it, Corey! I know you can...

Glad you have power again.

storyqueen said...

How is it going? I bet you have a winner already!