Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The 2014 Picture Book Oscars



And the awards go to...


BEST MALE CHARACTER

Gaston in GASTON
















BEST FEMALE CHARACTER

Nadine in I AM COW, HEAR ME MOO!















BEST MALE SUPPORTING CHARACTER

Art in LOUISE LOVES ART
















BEST FEMALE SUPPORTING CHARACTER

The maid in MY PET BOOK
















BEST CHARACTER IN A NON-SPEAKING ROLE

Maple in MAPLE



BEST FULL CAST ENSEMBLE

SHH! WE HAVE A PLAN!



BEST FACIAL EXPRESSIONS

The puffin in THE ANGRY LITTLE PUFFIN















BEST COSTUMES

NINJA!
















BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY

I'M MY OWN DOG














BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN

THIS BOOK JUST ATE MY DOG












BEST ORIGINAL SCREEN PLAY

KID SHERIFF AND THE TERRIBLE TOADS












BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

VERY LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD


BEST ANIMATED TRAILER

GOODNIGHT ALREADY!






BEST LIVE-ACTION TRAILER

SAM AND DAVE DIG A HOLE.





And finally....


BEST PICTURE BOOK

COCK-A-DOODLE OOPS!




27 comments:

Carrie Charley Brown said...

Awesome selections! :) Reposting in ReFoReMo group!

Lori A said...

This is so fun! Only a couple I haven't read yet. I'll hop to it...

Pam said...

Okay, so you've created my to read list. Thank you. I so love this!

Stacy S. Jensen said...

I always love your list. Glad I saw it in a frien's newsfeed.

Joanna said...

So much fun and awesome choices!

Cindy Williams Schrauben said...

So much fun! LOVE it! I see a couple of titles I'm behind on. Better get busy. :)

Vivian Kirkfield said...

Love love love your Picture Book Academy Awards, Corey!
Thanks for all the work that went into doing this post...and for my new must-have list. ;)

Gayle C. Krause said...

Very original idea. Nice job with the selections! :)

Manju Howard said...

Love Love Love your post!
But I have to admit my Best PB goes to
SHH! WE HAVE A PLAN!

Michelle Heidenrich Barnes said...

Nice choices! And I didn't even have to stay up until midnight. :)

MegMiller said...

haha! LOVE it! Congratulations winners... :D

danielle said...

So great! And this was my first time seeing the SAM AND DAVE DIG A HOLE trailer, which basically made my day. :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE this list Corey! I especially love that SAM AND DAVE wins BEST ACTION THRILLER,! Ha!

Patricia Toht said...

I love these awards! Congratulations to all of the winners.I'm imagining you all thanking your parents, spouses, offspring, fellow writers, beta readers, (cue the music), editors, agents, publishers, (louder music), booksellers, book buyers, children and the parents who read to them (and...you're out of time).

Laura Renauld said...

This is the best. Off to add the unread to my library list!

Sophie Helenek-Denis said...

Great selection!
No award for My First Book Musical Instruments :-( Maybe next year ;-)

Robin Newman said...

Great selection, Corey! Congrats to all the winners. . . No red carpet? :)

Anonymous said...

Fun! I LOVE this! Great selections for 2014. =)

Anika Denise said...

Love this! Always brings a smile! (I would like to right now begin the campaign for the addition of "Best Dessert" as a category. Although Mike Curato might take it for Elliot's cupcake.)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Applause! Applause! Applause!

Rebecca Gomez said...

So fun. I still have a few of these to read!

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Fabulous picks! :)

heatherdent56 said...

Inspired! Haha! I totally want to do this now.

Ellen L. Ramsey said...

Love your choices!

Anonymous said...

Great post! Loved it!

Unknown said...

This is fabulous! :)

Joanne R. Fritz said...

Can't believe I missed this. Love the awards, love the books (and I've seen that trailer before for Sam and Dave Dig a Hole -- what a hoot!), but where is the award for Ninja Red Riding Hood? She should definitely get Best Female Character.