Monday, October 25, 2010

Creativity- It's in the Genes

How can there be only three posts for October? I wrote tons more than that... or was that all just in my head?

This was a crazy busy month. We had a surprise party for my dad's 70th and most of my creative energy went into creating the content for his birthday video titled "70 Things We Love About Pa!" (Feel free to steal the idea... it makes an amazing gift!)

The party wasn't a total surprise though. Josh whispered something to Jordan and my dad her reply "Joshy, not until the guests arrive. " Then she spotted my dad a few feet away and said, "No guests. There are no guests."

Jordan got the "spill the beans" gene from me for sure. I am TERRIBLE at keeping secrets. That's because I am an ENFP on the Myers-Briggs scale, and we're notorious for "speaking before we think."

Fortunately, Jordan got some good genes from me as well.

The other night she wrote her first poem in bed, and I am proud to say, the meter gene lives on!

Sally's Pearl

Sally is a little girl,
and Sally has a little pearl.
She loves her pearl very much.
And Sally loves to touch, touch, touch.
When Sally goes to bed at night,
her pearl gives her a little fright.
Boo!

12 comments:

BK Mattingly said...

Aw! I love the poem :) It sounds like your dad had a great birthday.

Julie Hedlund said...

Awesome poem! She's on a track to publication already. :-)

Patti said...

Great idea for a present. I might have to steal that.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

It sounds like you did a wonderful thing for your Dad, Corey!

Jordan's poem is awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great birthday idea!

Cute poemm!

Anonymous said...

OOPS! Meant poem, not poemm. LOL

Rebecca Gomez said...

Super cute. When's her first book coming out? ;-)

Christie Wright Wild said...

That is so cute. My son likes to rhyme, too. But he certainly doesn't want to write them down. He's only six. But you never know...

hytime said...

You made a astounding, awesome, breathtaking, cool, doozie, extravagant, fab, fantastic, fictitious, first-class, greatest, groovy, incredible, marvelous, mind-blowing*, out-of-sight, out-of-this-world, outrageous, peachy, phenomenal, primo, prodigious, rad, remarkable, spectacular, striking, stupendous, super, superb, terrific, top drawer, tops, turn-on, unbelievable, unreal, wicked party for your dad.
Love,
Dad

Kelly H-Y said...

Oh my goodness, I love her response when she realizes your dad is just feet away! And, what a little writer! Sounds like your dad had a wonderful bday!

Heidi Willis said...

That's priceless! Both the story and the poem. I think meter actually comes more natural to kids than adults. Maybe it's all the Seuss they read. :)

Ishta Mercurio said...

Awesome poem! And good for you for writing it down.

And her U-turn when she realized your dad was within earshot was PRICELESS! Too funny. Did you catch it on video?