Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thing 1 and Thing 2- Big Book Plans

The other day, we saw hundreds of birds flying and had the following conversation:

JOSH: Those birds are flying to Florida
ME: You're probably right sweetie. A lot of birds fly south for the winter.
JOSH: They fly faster than we drive.
ME: Well, not too sure about that. We'd have to Google and see just how fast birds can fly. But my guess is they couldn't keep up a rate of 60 miles per hour.
JORDAN: Well, they'll get there faster than us if we took a plane.
ME: Nope, quite certain that airplanes move WAY faster than birds.
JORDAN: But, Mommy, we'd have to go to the airport and WAIT for the plane. They could just go...

This got us thinking...

JOSH: Let's write a book. WHO WOULD WIN THE RACE?
A bird or a car?

JORDAN: Or... a car or a plane?

ME: Or... a bird or a tiger?" A shark or a whale? A bird or a dolphin?

The possibilities are endless.

My kids are now wondering if Kendra will rep them. Ha!

15 comments:

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I think Kendra should scoop them up (right after she scoops ME up)! LOL. :-)

Ishta Mercurio said...

Just go - I love that advice.

Megan K. Bickel said...

Oh, have you read Shark vs. Train by Chris Barton? It is along those lines and it totally cracks me up!

BK Mattingly said...

Love this! Kids are so much fun :)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Your house must be so much fun! Great post...

Rebecca Gomez said...

Funny conversation! There have been so many moments like that for me with my kids, when a simple conversation turns into a poem or book idea.

Amie Borst said...

stumbled upon your blog....glad i found you! looking forward to learning more about Thing 1 and Thing 2 :)

Rachel Hamby said...

I think your son is brilliant! :)

Anonymous said...

What great ideas for a book. Sounds like you have a couple of young writers following in your foot steps. How cool is that?

Kelly H-Y said...

Kids imaginations and questions are so fantastic! They really get you thinking!!

Susan R. Mills said...

That is the cutest picture!!!! Cute ideas for a story too. I think Kendra would be lucky to have them as clients. :)

Christie Wright Wild said...

I also love Shark vs. Train. There are a couple of books out there on this topic, but another one with a new slant would surely be welcome. Don't we just love it when our kids are smart and inspire creativity? ;)

Megan K. Bickel said...

I left an award for you on my blog today! : )

Hardygirl said...

Oh, I LOVE this!!! Too fun!

sf

Anonymous said...

I think he's right. A bird can get to Florida much faster than a plane, considering all the delays at Newark...