Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pinky's Binky

Okay, this is only funny if you know me really well.  (For those of you who don't, let me just say that by the time my daughter was one and a half, she was already outsmarting me.)

Jordan was home sick from school last week and she insisted that we write and illustrate our own picture books.

Here is my story

Pinky had a little Binky
She loved that Binky so.
Everywhere that Pinky went,
the Binky had to go.

Mommy said, "You're getting old.
It's time to say good-bye."
Pinky said, "I can't do that."
And then began to cry.

I love my Binky far too much
I can't throw it away
Mommy said, You're turning three.
That Binky cannot stay."

Pinky said, "I'll give it up,
if you give up your Fraps!"
Mommy, said, "Okay, it stays.
Come on.  Let's take our naps."

12 comments:

Catherine Denton said...

Hahaha, I love it!

Unknown said...

Ha!! Love it.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Perfect!! :-)

Megan K. Bickel said...

That is awesome!

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Love it :)

BK Mattingly said...

Love it! Just brightened my day.

Kelly H-Y said...

LOVE IT!!!! That could have been our house and my daughter at the age of three ... I'd just have to find something to rhyme with mochas! :-)

Joanne R. Fritz said...

"If you give up your Fraps" -- so funny!

Wise Mommy, letting it stay.

hy said...

Very funny, I thinky.

Kim said...

This is so cute! Did Jordan help? :)

Unknown said...

Ha! Brilliant!

Jessica Stanford said...

That sounds like something my 3 year old would say. Love it!