Saturday, May 9, 2009

NaPiBoWriWee Days 5-7

Day 5- Totally fried. I have a tendency to run out of steam. My husband makes fun of me. I will decide to clean to my closet. I'll dump all the contents on my bed and put 70% back. Then I'll feel burned out and call it a day. He cannot understand it at all! To him if you start a job, you finish it. No if's, and's, or especially but's. He's flabbergasted that I'll clean 80% of the kitchen and then take a "break."

I don't even attempt to write a PB on Tuesday. My son's allergies are back and he is up all night coughing for two days straight. I am barely functioning. I get a call at lunch time, "He has thrown up. Come get him."

Days 6 and 7 are worse. I have the school book fair ALL day which I am co-chairing. I've got a mother-in-law in the hospital. I am exhausted and stressed. Writing a picture book from scratch is completely out of the question.

So, I end the week with one picture book I love and two ideas with potential. I am pretty happy with that.

I can't wait for next year's!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! I am really impressed by what you got done!

Yat-Yee said...

With all the rest of the stuff going on, you still managed to do so much. Kudos.