Monday, May 4, 2009

NaPiBoWriWee Progress

Day 1
Completed a draft of a rhyming picture book that seems to have real potential. (ELATED)

Day 2
Finished two different stories but decided to count only the second one because the first was pretty pathetic. (SATISFIED)

Day 3
Brainstormed and wrote nothing. Now I have to count the crappy concept book from yesterday. (FRUSTRATED)

Day 4
Came up with a decent idea. Couldn't figure out how to execute it (Becky, help!), but jotted down a super rough draft anyway, so that I could count it as PB#4. (PROUD)

Anyone else participating? How's it going?

11 comments:

Solvang Sherrie said...

I'm glad to hear that you're doing it, Corey! Sometimes the deadline is good for forcing us to do SOMEthing!

beth said...

Good job! Congrats!!!

Kimberly Zook said...

Yay! Congrats! I would like to do this next time it comes up. I think that is terrific you've pushed yourself to write so much. Eventhough you might be frustrated with that one manuscript, there might be a kernel in it that can blossom into a book you'd be elated about! Good luck!

Elliah A. Terry said...

I'm doing it, Corey. And it doesn't look pretty. :D I'm not gonna quit though. Maybe I'll blog about my progress like you. Then I might feel more . . . um accomplished? Good luck! I hope you write something fantastic!

Rebecca said...

I'm not really participating, except I did write one on a whim on the first day (you saw it). And then I suppose if you count the one we worked on together on Saturday, that counts as a half? So...one and a half picture books written. You're doing better than me. Though I did write a five-minute poem today over on my blog. Thanks for posting such an abstract topic! Geesh.

:-)

Kelly H-Y said...

Seriously ... nice progress so far!!! That's awesome! I'm doing more editing that anything! Though, I have come up with a couple new ideas.

Casey said...

You're doing awesome! Keep it up.

: )

Shelli said...

man this is hard! hang in theer only 3 more days.

Tyler said...

I love anything that contains "Na" and "Wri" in part of a made up word, so I'm lovin' your little challenge here.

Good luck getting it done!

PurpleClover said...

Awesome Corey! You're a machine!

taralazar said...

Eagerly awaiting the round-up post for the week. How did you do?

I find that BIC (butt-in-chair) really does work!