Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Social Media Revolution

One of the sessions at the Rutgers one-on-one conference was a panel on the use of Twitter and social media. They showed us a video that included mind blowing stats such as "If Facebook were a country, it would be the third largest in the world."

If you ever had any doubts about whether or not you need an online presence as an author, this video should immediately put them to bed:



Incidentally, this might be a good time to mention that I have a new Facebook page- Three Ninja Pigs :)

7 comments:

Tana said...

I need to sharpen my facebook skills. i have to admit it's the place I spend the least amount of time at. *sigh* Will get this right eventually.

Julie Hedlund said...

Wow - that is very powerful. I only have a personal FB account right now, but will get a pro one as soon as I get an agent/book contract. :-)

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Thanks for putting that video up. It's awesome.

storyqueen said...

I still can't manage it all. Time is just a huge factor. I have a job and a family and writing.....it's all I can do to write a blog from time to time.

I can't imagine keeping up with Twitter or Facebook. Too much to filter through and too little time for little old me.

(But I looked at the Ninja Pig Page and it is cute!)

Elana Johnson said...

This is great! And I will friend you when I get behind the firewall. :)

Christie Wright Wild said...

GREAT video! That deserves a tweet! I'm with Julie. Right now my FB page is just for the seriously occasional personal use. I also watched the Did You Know video.

Anonymous said...

I don't go to Facebook or Twitter too much anymore. I just can't keep up with everything. I'm always amazed at the people who find the time to do it all. I know we all have the same 24 hours in a day, but I obviously don't manage my 24 hours as well as others.