Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What a Feeling!

I've got my next big idea. #11 on my list. The title came to me last year, but I didn't have the real hook until PiBoIdMo 2010 started. My agent is on board. My husband says, "It's as good as sold!" (Ha! Gotta love that guy. It doesn't even have a rhyme scheme yet!)

As Tammi Sauer said in her Guest Post today, "Oh, the thrill! Oh, the pressure!"

I think only writers know this particular feeling. That mix of "I've got a surefire winner!" and "What if I can't pull it off?"

What a feeling.
Bein's believin'.
I can have it all, now I'm dancing for my life.
Take your passion
and make it happen.
Pictures come alive, now I'm dancing through my life.
What a feeling.

Excuse me, while I go throw up.

13 comments:

Lydia Kang said...

How can I not love a blog post with a 80's tune it?
:)

Congrats on the new shiny idea!

Unknown said...

Okay, now I want to get up and dance. And have Hubbykins dump a bucket of water on me.

I'm with your hubby. You'll nail it.

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

How fantastic! There's nothing like that feeling! Except the call that says it's sold! Good luck with it! Now, if I could just get one of those too.... :)

Megan K. Bickel said...

Awesome! You can do it!! Go, Corey, Go!

Anonymous said...

Wuhooh!

Slip on some leg warmers and dance, baby!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Keep the music and you'll dance right through the fear. How exciting!

Christie Wright Wild said...

Congratulations! I always wonder, "What if I can't pull it off?" Just because I have a great idea doesn't mean I can actually write it. But I sure am going to try!

Unknown said...

Until I was 25, I actually thought the line in that song was "Take your pants off, and make it happen." Some friends were in the car with me when it came on the radio, and when I belted out my version, they had a very good laugh.

Angela Ackerman said...

Oh the BIG IDEAS are the best! Have a great time developing it!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Ame Dyckman said...

OH! "Take you PASSION..." I always thought the lyric was "Take your pants down..." (I'm so embarrassed!) Anyway, YOU GO, Corey! If you're talking about the idea I think you are, it's a super one!

Ame Dyckman said...

Hey! I just saw MelissaPEA's comment! Now I feel better that I wasn't the only one! :)

Kristen Hilty said...

Good luck with developing it! It's a great feeling when you feel so good about an idea. I'm leaning toward my #17. Here's to some great post-PiBoIdMo polishing! P.S. Thanks for swinging by my blog!

Kim said...

There's a sign at my gym that says, "Do something that scares you every day." I love that quote. Seems appropriate for this post.

It's going to be so exciting when you post that you sold #11.