I've spent my advance five times over already. Yes, the advance that hasn't yet come. That one.
But now that I know it is coming (at some point!)
I made a list...
1) dive trip to the Caribbean
2) fancy new web site and book trailer
3) Highlights Foundation workshop
4) piece of original picture book art
5) publicist for the Ninja Pigs launch!
Too bad for me, my advance barely covers one of those things!
Being impulsive and unable to wait for 1, 2, 3, or 5, I picked a piece of art from Tyrannosaurus Drip, by Julia Donaldson and David Roberts. This book is bloody brilliant! (Naturally, it's created by Brits)
So, I will soon have the final spread of T-Drip hanging on my wall where I can see it every day!
Now I need to sell four more manuscripts, so I can splurge on the other things.
What are you going to do when you get your first/next advance?