Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The First Cat is Out of the Bag!

Ready?

Lisa and Laura, everybody's favorite writing sisters, have a book deal!

From Publisher's Marketplace: Lisa Roecker and Laura Roecker's A Kate Lowry Mystery: THE HAUNTING OF PEMBERLY BROWN, a quick-witted mystery starring a private-school sleuth with attitude and pearls, who receives an email from her dead best friend, to Daniel Ehrenhaft at Sourcebooks, for publication in Spring 2011, by Catherine Drayton at Inkwell Management (NA).

How was I privy to this information before the rest of the blogosphere? Well, stalking comes with its benefits. (Also, if you spill secrets to people, they tend to feel obligated to spill some back:)

I encourage you to check out Lisa and Laura's blog. They are hilarious and... they are planning a we-just-sold-our-first-book-so-we're-giving-away-one-really-super-amazing-prize contest. Who would want to miss that?

And come back soon if you are interested in seeing what other cats pop out around here.

11 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

That sounds like a fascinating book. What good news!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for them!

And you're killing me...

Tamika: said...

Awesome news! I'm going over to give my congratulations!

Tana said...

Oh I'm so happy for them! I can't wait to read their book! Too awesome. I love great blog success stories! =)

lisa and laura said...

Thank you so much Corey! We are SO glad we met you in the blogosphere.

And hoorah for cats popping out of bags! Can't wait to see what comes out next....

Sherrie Petersen said...

Does this mean you've got a cat hiding somewhere, too? :D

Susan R. Mills said...

Seriously? Do you have to keep us in suspense like this???? Congrats to Lisa and Laura.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations to Lisa and Laura. You told me their book would sell any day now, and you were right!

Tess said...

Party worthy news all around....wa-hoo!

Casey Something said...

Well, I came over to congratulate YOU on your other post but it seems to be gone!

BUT, this is also VERY exciting. Congrats to Laura and Lisa. How exciting for all of you!

Just Joany said...

Sweet! Its always nice to be the person in the know. I'll be back for the other cat's news is.
--- Just Joany

http://redwagonflights.blogspot.com