Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Little Red Hen - Starring Thing 1


Okay, I got photo tagged by my friend, Laura, from the fabulously funny Are We Nearly There Yet Mummy? I'm bending the rules a little bit. I'm supposed to pick the fourth photo from my fourth folder, but I needed a way to tie this in to picture books somehow. So, I fudged a little.

This picture is from a Little Red Hen photo book I am making for my daughter's class.

"Who will help me pick apples for a pie?" asked the Little Red Hen.
"Not I," said Zachary.
"Not I," said Ella.
"Not I," said Stefani.
"Then I will pick the apples myself," said the Little Red Hen.
And she did.

Last year, we made a Brown Bear Book.

Jordan, Jordan, who do you see?
I see Alex looking at me.

It was a huge hit! I couldn't wait to get it back at the end of the year, but then I got a note from Jordan's teacher, "Thanks so much for the lovely book. What a special gift." Ooops!

I'll have to be more careful this year!

8 comments:

Kelly H-Y said...

What a wonderfully creative idea!!! That is so cool of you to do for her class!

Corey Schwartz said...

Thanks, Kelly. Figure I have to make it up to her for all the times I have forgotten to send in a show and share, etc. Have to put my few strengths to good work :)

Sherrie Petersen said...

What a great idea! I might have to steal that for my daughter's first grade class... :^)

Corey Schwartz said...

Be my guest! I'd be flattered :)

Sherrie Petersen said...

Hey -- I just read your interview over on Tara's page. Great interview, and funny too :^)

Rebecca Gomez said...

Corey, that is a great idea for a gift, even if you didn't intend for it to be such. Make two next time!

Corey Schwartz said...

Yeah, well you may not say that when you find out the price! With shipping,it came to over $40. (Hardcover)

Lindsay said...

It must be a lovely book! I think you should post pix when you are done. What a great idea! The rest of us (or me) probably would have just used construction paper. Maybe that's why YOU are the real author! :)