Sunday, March 18, 2012

Lucky 7 Meme

Oh, what fun!  I've been tagged by fellow PB author and Habitual Rhymer, Lori Degman.   She is the author of 1 ZANY ZOO which was the grand prize winner of the 2008 Cheerios Spoonfuls of Stories Contest.

Here are the rules for the Lucky 7 MEME:

1. Go to page 77 of your current ms.
2. Go to line 7.   
3. Copy down the next 7 lines/sentences and post them as they're written.  No cheating
4. Tag 7 other victims authors.

Since I write PB's, I just decided to start with the 77th line.   This worked out perfectly for me, since it ended up landing right at the story's climax.  (Like Lori, I also included an eighth line, so as not to leave a stanza incomplete)

I chose Ninja Red, a follow up book to the THE THREE NINJA PIGS.
 

Little Red said, "I gotcha, you bully.
Ninja Red ought to be my new name."
Though the girl looked quite tender, he had to surrender
"Again, those darn pigs are to blame!"

"I'll skedaddle" the wolf said in anguish.
As he struggled back up on his feet.
"You'll go nowhere, you beast, till my Grandma's released
And you promise to give up Red meat!"


Here are the next Lucky 7

6 comments:

Joanne R. Fritz said...

Wow! I'm flattered that you would tag me for this, Corey! And I loved seeing the sneak peek at your sequel to THREE NINJA PIGS!

YAY! Sounds like fun. And with a Little Red Riding Hood flavor. I love the Red Meat line! You're on a roll (heh heh).

Lori Degman said...

Ninja Red sounds like a winner - if the rest of it is as good as these eight lines!! Can't wait to read Three Ninja Pigs!

Susan R. Mills said...

Fun game!

Lauren F. Boyd said...

Well, thanks, Corey for choosing me at one of your seven!

And thanks for commenting on my blog! It's great to see you!

Rebecca Gomez said...

Oh my. Now I have to play along, I guess!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I love this line! "You'll go nowhere, you beast, till my Grandma's released"

Too cute!

Thanks for including me, Corey...it makes me feel like a pb writer...