Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Running Up a Down Escalator

I only got one thing crossed off on my To-Do list today and now I have to uncross it.

I applied to the Rutgers One-on-One Plus Conference.

A lot of my friends attended last year, but I somehow didn't know about it until after the fact. I heard it was an amazing mentoring experience. So, I wanted to be sure to apply for 2009.

I waited until today, because the deadline is July 8th, and my motto is "Why do something today if it can be put off till tomorrow." I filled out the application and attached my writing sample. I used my last stamp and got it in the mailbox before the postman came so it would definitely get postmarked by the deadline.

Then I realized a few minutes ago that I didn't include a check.

So, now I have to print and fill out a new application. And tomorrow morning I will be going to the post office to buy stamps and get it postmarked.

I don't know what's sadder-- the fact that I accomplished nothing at all today... or the fact that my husband isn't the least bit surprised.

P.S. Maybe while I am at the post office I can ship back the Victoria's Secret clothes I ordered in May that don't fit? Who am I kidding? It'll never happen.

9 comments:

B.J. Anderson said...

Lol, story of my life!

Jacqui said...

This is so my life.

BJW said...

Welcome back Corey. I know i'm one post too late. I agree that you can't just hop away to some tropical paradise and go scuba diving and not put up any pics. Especially for us northwest folks, we need something to look at and sigh and paw at the screen to. You can't just MENTION it.

Until such a time, I'm going on strike at this post. No more comments until I see a fish and blue water. i should let you know that I'm not the best on following through and would likely be the first scab to cross the lines of my own strike. BUT IT'S ON BABY! STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE!

Rebecca Gomez said...

I'm with BJW.

Give us photos, Corey!

Unknown said...

Hey--maybe this is a sign! I really want to go to Rutgers, but can't this year...was planning on applying next year...so if you don't get in, maybe we both can next year! :)

Casey Something said...

Ah, this is so me. I'm particularly bad about returning things. That stuff? Yeah... it sits around the house for awhile and then gets given away or donated.

Yat-Yee said...

That sounds like me. Hmmmm, there is that dress from Banana Republic that looks so cute on the model but is a billowing tent on me. And that swimsuit from Sierra Trading Post that didn't fit...

ps I'm with the gang: fishes and blue please.

Anonymous said...

Ack, I'm sorry. It was me on the phone distracting you when you put the application in the mail!

BTW, I love Boden because they offer free returns! (But maybe that was just a one-time promo. It was so easy, I just slapped the label on and put it in the mailbox.)

Corey Schwartz said...

Tara, oh really? I blamed it on my son. Poor little guy. He takes the hit for everything!