Sunday, November 14, 2010

Couldn't Have Done It Without You!

This week marks my two year blogiversary. Though my posts have been very infrequent of late, I never forget where my blog has gotten me. Many writers sing the praises of blogging- it creates friendships, support, sense of community... but for me, blogging has led to even more than that.

For me, blogging has directly led to a publishing contract!

Don't believe me? Check my PiBoIdMo Guest Post at Tara Lazar's blog.

Without participating in PiBoIdMo in 2009, I would never have had the idea for GOLDI ROCKS AND THE THREE BEARS.

Without whining on my own blog about how pathetic my idea list was, I would never have realized that this idea was actually a gem! And I would never have gotten this comment on my post from Beth Coulton:

I LOVE the Goldi-Rocks one! Want to collaborate?

Beth later emailed me with a one paragraph synopsis, and I was immediately sold on the idea!

So, thanks to all my blog followers and commenters. Without you, I would never have written GOLDI ROCKS which is now under contract with Putnam. (Well, almost... the ink hasn't quite dried yet :)

A toast to you all!
Cheers,
Corey

15 comments:

storyqueen said...

It was a kick-butt idea!

I am so glad it worked out so well for you and Beth!

Yay!

shelley

Julie Hedlund said...

Happy Blogiversary!! It's been great getting to know you. Looking forward to more creative exchange in the coming year.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Congratulations on the well deserved success...You are wonderful! I'm so glad we blog-met! I loved the post on Tara's blog....WTG!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Congrats on the blogiversary. I'm so glad I met you here and can't wait to see GOLDI when she debuts!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I can't believe it's been 2 years already. Whoa. Here's to many more contracts...*cheers*

Rebecca Gomez said...

Here's to many more sales! From PiBoIdMo or otherwise.

Kim said...

Cheers! To two years. To selling Goldie! I was there when you posted that idea list. I can't wait to see it on the bookstore shelves!

SOOOO happy for you, Corey!

Megan K. Bickel said...

Congratulations! It has been great getting to know you via blog. I look forward to seeing Goldi Rocks in my local bookstore!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on Goldi Rocks and the Three Bears! How awesome. Two year blogging anniversary, CONGRATS!

Heidi Willis said...

A toast back at ya!! Congrats on two very productive years on the blog!

Candice said...

One of the best things about blogs is that you can look back across the years and see the progress and evolution of your work. Congrats!

Susan R. Mills said...

Congratulations on the blogiversary and all of your success.

Ladybird World Mother said...

WELL DONE!! On two years blogging and on your success... now that is what I call blogtastic. xxxx

Hardygirl said...

Yay!! Happy b-day!

sf

Christie Wright Wild said...

Congratulations! I just love your blog title and subtitle!