Tuesday, October 27, 2009

This is What Makes It All Worthwhile

Writing for publication is tough. It comes with a lot of frustration and a lot of disappointment. But then something happens that makes it all worthwhile.

The other night I got this email from Kim:
I wanted to let you know that I read Hop! Plop! to my 5 year old tonight. She LOVED it! She noticed right off the bat that elephant and mouse are dressed alike. I hadn't noticed that at all. :) She also kept feeling so sorry for mouse when he'd get thrown off the rides. And, at the end when they hug, she joined in by hugging the book and called "group hug". The story is so charming and sweet! I'm going to give it to my friends with young kids for birthday gifts. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

I've had a smile on my face ever since!

Thanks, Kim :)

16 comments:

Tamika: said...

Corey this sounds like a book my three year old will have wrapped under the tree this Christmas!

Happy writing...

Corey Schwartz said...

Thanks, Tamika!

Anonymous said...

And that's what it's all about. To touch a child's life, to create a happy memory, it's all worth it when you know that someone out there says your book IS THEIR FAVORITE!

Dawn Simon said...

Oh, that must feel so wonderful! Thanks for sharing it, and congratulations!!

I have something for you over at my blog. :)

lisa and laura said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so jealous! Fan mail!!!

Susan R. Mills said...

That's the best compliment you could ever receive. Congratulations! It says a lot about what you have accomplished.

Natalie said...

Aw! That's so cute and what a fantastic compliment!

BookChook said...

It makes it worthwhile for those of us who are still waiting for publication, too! Thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

*blush* And, I meant every word of it!

storyqueen said...

Awwww, such a nice story. And a well deserved compliment!

Tess said...

hooray for such great feedback.

now celebrate with Ben and Jerry's!

Amy Allgeyer Cook said...

That's right. You rock!! :)

Elana Johnson said...

Wow, what a great email!! Thanks for sharing it.

MG Higgins said...

Awww ... what a fabulous endorsement! That would make me feel great for days, too!

Diana Paz said...

Awww I love it! And isn't there some formula for fan mail? For every person who sends you an email there are X number who feel the same way but never get around to emailing, so think of all the people who love your book :)

Kelly H-Y said...

Oh, what a wonderful feeling you must have had inside!!!! That is SO cool!