Saturday, March 21, 2009

I Want My Two Year Old Back!

I miss the two-year-old Jordan. I know most people talk about terrible twos and tantrums and tears, but my daughter was a delightful toddler. The two year-old Jordan dressed herself and even put herself to sleep. The five-year-old Jordan wants me to do everything for her! The independent streak is gone. She is needy and demanding and whiny and obnoxious! My adorable, feisty little girl has been replaced by a brat. I want my sweet little cutie back!

6 comments:

PurpleClover said...

Hmm. I sorta know what you mean. Sorta.

My daughter pre-son was so calm and sweet and rarely got into trouble. Now with my son in the pic it seems they vie for attention with tantrums, squealing, screaming, yelling, and all-out hyperactivity!

Who is this little girl??

Suzanne Casamento said...

Ut oh. I don't know how to help you on this...

Ladybird World Mother said...

I know this! All mine changed from adorable toddlers to horrible little so and so's. Then became lovely again. Poor you.. she'll come back.. really!

Corey Schwartz said...

Oh, Ladybird, I hope you're right!

Rebecca Gomez said...

Just wait till they become teenagers! Ha ha, just kidding. My teenager is still sweet most of the time.

Your sweet little girl will come back, don't worry. Maybe kindergarten will do the trick.
:-)

BookChook said...

I thought I was the only one with a kid who bucked the developmental labels. My son was an impeccably mannered toddler. When he started school, he began all the terrible two stuff, namely scribbling on walls and furniture.

Jordan sounds delightful. Becoming an independent person is tricky sometimes.