Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ramblings of a Delirious Mom

My kids are done with school. Which means my main daily activity is not writing or blogging. It's breaking up fights. On days like this, it's hard to remember how adorable they are. It was only a few weeks ago that I wrote, "I wish I could freeze them at this age, because they are so darn cute!" And now I wish I could just plain freeze them. Stick them in the freezer and take them out to thaw in two weeks when camp starts.

So, I need to remind myself how lucky I am. Here is Jordan at her first dance recital. I had to miss the second day of the NJ SCBWI conference to attend, but it was worth it!

She may end up being an author or illustrator one day, but I think it's safe to say "Dancing is out as a profession."

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks pretty good to me!

Unknown said...

LOL, I sometimes have to remind myself that while I, as a teacher, celebrate the summer, all across the country mothers are groaning!

Corey Schwartz said...

Well, Beth, you are the cryogenics queen. So, you'll have to tell me how it's done!

Casey Something said...

SOOOO Cute!

I love how they all look at each other for direction.

Darline.

Casey Something said...

*Darling*

: )

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

I am sorry for the delirium in your life but you gave me the smile of the day with this video!

Tess said...

oh the joys of summer....

Rebecca Gomez said...

Some day, Corey, you will look back and be thankful for all the days you were home with your kids, even though much of it is spent as a referee!

Have fun with them!

lisa and laura said...

That is freaking adorable.

And I'm totally with you on the freezer thing. I can't even tell you how many times I scream "Jack! Mia! NO!!!" in any given 24 hour period. My neighbors are probably thisclose to calling child services.

Suzanne Casamento said...

She's ADORABLE!

And I wouldn't rule out dancing as a future career - none of them were exactly prima ballerinas. ; )

Kelly H-Y said...

That is awesome ... that's one of those videos that will be played when she's a famous dancer, of the days when she was just starting out! :-)
Hang in there!

Hardygirl said...

Ah, yes. The freezer! I'm so with you.

I think she looked pretty good--and she even flashed some pretty smiles. Great stage presence!

sf

BookChook said...

That was seriously cute! And you know what? I could "see" those surfboards.