Friday, June 12, 2009

This is My Lucky Week

Okay, I don't mean I have had any luck this actual week, June 7-13th, 2009.

I just mean, historically speaking, many of the major events of my life have occurred between the 7th and 13th of June. I got married on June 9, (02) I conceived my daughter on June 12 (03) (sorry if that was too graphic but it was done in a hospital room, not at home in bed :) and I had my son on June 8th (05). I also got my one and only picture book contract in the second week of June. (also in 03, yes, it's been that long!)

So, I was feeling hopeful this week. So far, nothing.

Editor X, are you reading this? There's still time!

5 comments:

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Putting the positive spin on:
1) Something is going on behind-the-scenes this week that will be a big reveal later.
2) Everything you mentioned above was put in motion by you -- so the very act of writing the above post may put the wheel in motion.
That's all I've got, except for good wishes your way.

Tess said...

maybe something wonderful will happen next week and then you can say that the these TWO weeks in June are lucky :)

Rebecca Gomez said...

(sorry if that was too graphic but it was done in a hospital room, not at home in bed :)

This cracked me up!

Happy belated Anniversary!

B.J. Anderson said...

I loved the part about the conceiving as well, and especially the part about it happening in a hospital bed. I was thinking you had a pretty exciting life, lol! Then I realized you meant in vitro or something like that (blushing). Good luck with the children's book!

Anonymous said...

Indeed it is a lucky week. Here's to hoping a pot of gold lands on your doorstep.

Although when you have SKILL, luck is a given.